5th year | FC: Muggle born | FC: Daniel Sharman | TAKEN
Sturgis is nothing if not eager. He has the textbook ‘pure’ morals and plans on saving the world from evil. Growing up on Muggle superhero comic books, he wants to be Superman and feels like he knows everything about the dark that the world has to teach him. He has big dreams and follows anyone with these same morals with a sparkle in his eye. He will soon learn that enthusiasm won’t give him the world and that crime-fighting isn’t as heroic as it seems in the comics.
- Sturgis eagerly enjoys Transfiguration, Charms, and Herbology. He tries really hard to be good at DADA, but he doesn’t have the natural talent for it like some of the other students.
- Raised in a muggle family, his father introduced him at an early age to comic books. He’s particularly fond of Superman and Captain America, because they’re the most genuine of the superheroes (in his opinion).
- Sturgis is openly gay, and has been for years. It was never quite really a secret — it just was. His parents barely bated an eyelash.
- Sturgis really wishes he could be a hero, but at the end of the day, he definitely has the sidekick complex: he tends to fall short when he wishes to succeed the much, and is used to being second best. Therefore, he hero worships the popular kids at the school - especially James Potter and Sirius Black. But he makes sure to do it from afar. Early years of Muggle school taught him that it’s always better to blend in with the walls than get bullied.
- His father was the biggest hero in his life for the longest time, but he passed away when Sturgis was eleven, and his mom remarried a year later, much to Sturgis’ dislike. The man she married wasn’t half as great as his father… and his step father never took kindly to the younger male of the house. Sturgis doesn’t like to talk about it, but the way he flinches around his step father is enough to tip anyone off that the intruder may have a more physical relationship with the young wizard than anyone knows.
- Because of his home life, Sturgis spends all his holidays at Hogwarts. No one knows about what goes on at home — there are bigger problems in the world than his new daddy tossing him around, and he knows that. Sturgis isn’t one to complain.
- He’s a deeply affectionate person, and cares a lot about the people close to him. He’s willing to be anyone’s friends, and doesn’t care about blood or house colors. He’s got too big of a heart to actually avoid getting hurt - he lets people in and is deeply affected when they walk out on him, but doesn’t have any guard or defenses against it.